PET PORTRAIT AWARDS
COULD YOUR PET WIN £1000
Founded in 2016, The Pet Portrait Awards was the first of the national portrait awards created to raise money for DogsTrust, by photographing 1000’s of dogs over the years which soon grew to incorporate a larger variety of domestic pets including cats, rabbits, horses, guinea pigs and many more.
The Pet portrait category is thrilled and honoured to support Guide Dogs for the Blind Association(UK), DogsTrust and Blue Cross for Pets
With accredited professional studios nationwide, there are many studios who have been approved to offer the complimentary portrait sessions as part of the awards. To enter the awards, follow the link to locate your nearest studio, fill in the application form and your chosen photographer will contact you to discuss the awards and book your complimentary Pet portrait session.
To enter your chosen image, a £10 donation per entry will be required towards the elected charity which will secure your entry into the awards. The full £10 from every entry will be donated to the charity meaning the charities will receive all the money donated.
HOW IT WORKS
1st Round – Studio Pet Portrait 2020
Once your Pet Portrait session has finished you will be invited back to view your photographs and select the image to be entered into the studio awards. Your chosen image will be judged by top Professional Photographers around the UK.
Winners will be announced February 2021
2nd Round – Annual Pet Portrait Of the Year Award
1st Prize winners from each studio will be entered into the 2020 Pet Portrait of the Year award.
One lucky winner will receive £100o.
Winners will be announced February 2021
Last date for entries 30th November 2020
View this years Entries
The National Portrait Awards first began in 2016 and since then has raised over £200,000 for Charities in the UK. With over 15,000 images entered into the awards so far, we would like to thank all of our past entrants who have helped raise this amazing amount of money for our charities. If you would like to see past years entries, below are videos featuring a selection of the 15,000 entries to the National Portrait Award since 2016.
THE RULES OF THE AWARDS
– Entry into the awards will require a £10 donation per image payable at the time of booking, via collection tins or card payment at your chosen studio.
– A £25 refundable booking fee may be requested at some studios to secure your appointment but will be refunded at your viewing session.
– Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter the awards. Entries into the children’s portrait awards must be attended with signed consent from a parent/guardian.
– Winning entrants will be asked to return to the studio and will be required to have a photograph with their photographer, accepting their prize for publicity and marketing material.
– Pet Portrait Sessions may include multiple pets or family members but the image for the awards must include only one single pet per entry.
– Family Portrait sessions may include multiple family members but the image for the awards must include at least two members of the same family.
– Children’s Portrait sessions may include multiple family members during the session but the image for the awards must include only one child per entry.
– Cancellation of your appointment with less than 24hrs notice may incur a cancellation/rebooking fee.
– Entrants must attend a viewing session after their portrait session to view and choose their image to be entered into the awards.
– At the viewing session, there will be an opportunity to purchase additional prints and products. This will be the only opportunity to purchase from the session.
– Due to the high number of sessions please arrive for your portrait session at your allotted time slot. If you are late you may be asked to return at a later date.
– All images copyright protected by the individual photographers with entry images available to use by The National Portrait Awards for publicity and marketing of the awards.
– The Annual awards will be judged on a monthly basis with the highest scoring images from each studio going through to final judging after 31st November each year.
– 2020 Winners will be announced February 2021 via social media, text email and telephone. Please follow The National Portrait Awards Facebook page (Link)